Trump says Iran deal ‘largely negotiated’ including reopening Strait of Hormuz


Trump says agreement to bring end to Iran war ‘largely negotiated’published at 08:05 BST

US President Donald Trump in a suit, looking at camera.Image source, Getty Images

US President Donald Trump says an agreement with Iran has been “largely negotiated” and details will be announced soon.

In a Truth Social post on Saturday, Trump said the deal would include reopening the Strait of Hormuz.

This morning, Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency says the Strait would return to pre-war levels within 30 days, and adds that a potential deal would see the cessation of attacks on all fronts.

We’re shortly expecting to hear from US Secretary of State Marco Rubio following his meeting with India’s foreign minister in New Delhi – you can watch live above once it gets under way.

Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei told state television yesterday that US and Iranian positions had been converging in the last week.

But he warned that did not mean agreements would be reached on key issues and accused the Americans of “contradictory statements”.

Trump also said he had a “very good call” with the leaders of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and others about a “Memorandum of Understanding pertaining to PEACE”.

“An agreement has been largely negotiated, subject to finalization between the United States of America, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the various other Countries, as listed,” Trump said.

We’ll bring you the latest developments on this story throughout the day, stay with us.



Source link

Scroll to Top